:: 한국기독교장로회총회 ::

한영성경 읽기 55 ( 행전24장 / 변사 (lawyer) 의 송사와 바울의 변론 )

이동원 (서울북노회,성광교회,목사) 2022-10-04 (화) 07:20 1년전 609  

24 장 - 변사 (lawyer) 의 송사와  바울의  자기 변론

1. 총독 앞에서 변사의 송사와 바울의 변론

24:

1 닷새 후에 대제사장 아나니아가 어떤 장로들과 한 변사 더둘로와 함께 내려와서 총독 앞에서 바울을 고소하니라 

1 Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor.

(* 변사 더둘로 라고 하였는데 내용상 변호사보다 검사라고 할 수 있을 것이다.  /  변사, 원) 흐레톨,, 연사, 변호사, 웅변가 speaker, orator)

2 바울을 부르매 더둘로가 송사하여 가로되 

(* 총독 벨릭스가 바울을 불러들이매 더둘로가 바울의 죄목을 말하고 있는 것이다.)

3 벨릭스 각하여 우리가 당신을 힘입어 태평을 누리고 또 이 민족이 당신의 선견을 인하여 여러 가지로 개량된 것을 우리가 어느 모양으로나 어느 곳에서나 감사 무지하옵나이다

4 당신을 더 괴롭게 아니하려 하여 우리가 대강 여짜옵나니 관용하여 들으시기를 원하나이다

2 When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: "We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation.

3 Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. 

4 But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.

(* 각하.. ) 크라티스토스,, 가장 강한, (위엄이 있어) ,가장 존경하는, 지존하신(숭고한), most excellent , most noble, mightiest, strongest, noblest, best, used in addressing men of prominent rank or office.)

(* 변사 더둘로는 총독 앞에서 먼저 서론적 인사의 말을 하고 있다.)

5 우리가 보니 이 사람은 염병이라 천하에 퍼진 유대인을 다 소요케 하는 자요 나사렛 이단의 괴수라 

5 "We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect 

(* 누가는초대교회사를 사도행전에서 역사가답게 이 내용도 세밀하게 기록하고 있다. 사도행전의 기록자 누가는  바울의 동행자 의사 누가이다. 누가는 그의 직업이 의사이기도 한데 세밀한 부분까지 잘 기록한 것이다. 의사의 정밀한 눈으로 말이다. 역사가 답게 세밀하게 관찰하고 기록하고 있는 것을 알 수 있다. 그러므로  누가를 역사가라고도 하지만 누가의 기록의 글을 읽고 누가를 문학가라고 칭하기도 한다.)

6 저가 또 성전을 더럽게 하려 하므로 (* 24:12) 우리가 잡았사오니

6 and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him.

7 당신이 친히 그를 심문하시면

8 우리의 송사하는 이 모든 일을 아실 수 있나이다 하니

9 유대인들도 이에 참가하여 이 말이 옳다 주장하니라 

7 ("But the commander, Lysias, came and use with of much force snatched him from our hands and ordered his accusers to come before you.) 

8 By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him."

9 The Jews joined in the accusation, asserting that these things were true.

< 바울 자신의 변론>

10 총독이 바울에게 머리로 표시하여 말하라 하니 그가 대답하되 당신이 여러 해 전부터 이 민족의 재판장 된 것을 내가 알고 내 사건에 대하여 기쁘게 변명하나이다 

10 When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: "I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense.

1)

11 당신이 아실 수 있는 바와 같이 내가 예루살렘에 예배하러 올라간 지 열 이틀 밖에 못되었고

11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship.

2)

12 저희는 내가 성전에서 아무와 변론하는 것이나 회당과 또는 성중에서 무리를 소동케 하는 것을 보지 못하였으니 (*24:6)

12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city.

3)

13 이제 나를 송사하는 모든 일에 대하여 저희가 능히 당신 앞에 내세울 것이 없나이다

13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me.

(* 바울의 고소자들이 바울이 전하는 것에 대하여 잘 알지도 못하고 고소하였다는 것이다.)

4)

14 그러나 이것을 당신께 고백하리이다 나는 저희가 이단이라 하는 도를 좇아 조상의 하나님을 섬기고 율법과 및 선지자들의 글에 기록된 것을 다 믿으며

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

4)

15 저희의 기다리는 바 하나님께 향한 소망을 나도 가졌으니 곧 의인과 악인의 부활이 있으리라 함이라

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

6)

16 이것을 인하여 나도 하나님과 사람을 대하여 항상 양심에 거리낌이 없기를 힘쓰노라

16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

7)

17 여러 해 만에 내가 내 민족을 구제할 것과 제물을 가지고 와서

18 드리는 중에 내가 결례를 행하였고 모임도 없고 소동도 없이 성전에 있는 것을 저희가 보았나이다 그러나 아시아로부터 온 어떤 유대인들이 있었으니 (* 24:6)

17 "After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings.

18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance. 

8)

19 저희가 만일 나를 반대할 사건이 있으면 마땅히 당신 앞에 와서 송사하였을 것이요

19 But there are some Jews from the province of Asia, who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me.

9)

20 그렇지 않으면 이 사람들이 내가 공회 앞에 섰을 때에 무슨 옳지 않은 것을 보았는가 말하라 하소서

20 Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin--

10) 

21 오직 내가 저희 가운데 서서 외치기를 내가 죽은 자의 부활에 대하여 오늘 너희 앞에 심문을 받는다고 한 이 한 소리가 있을 따름이니이다 하니

21 unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: 'It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.'"

(* 그렇다면 무엇때문에,,)

(* 벨릭스 총독의 판결은,,)

22 벨릭스가 이 도에 관한 것을 더 자세히 아는 고로 연기하여 가로되 천부장 루시아가 내려오거든 너희 일을 처결하리라 하고

23 백부장을 명하여 바울을 지키되 자유를 주며 친구 중 아무나 수종하는 것을 금치 말라 하니라

22 Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. "When Lysias the commander comes," he said, "I will decide your case."

23 He ordered the centurion to keep Paul under guard but to give him some freedom and permit his friends to take care of his needs.

24 수일 후에 벨릭스가 그 아내 유대 여자 드루실라와 함께 와서 바울을 불러 그리스도 예수 믿는 도를 듣거늘

(*그리스도 예수는 메시야 예수라는 것이다. 예수가 그 메시야 그 그리스도 이시라는 것을 바울이 전한 것이다. 9:)

(* 지중해 해변의 가이사랴에서 보는 지중해는 참으로 시원스럽고 아름답다. 사도 바울은 가이사랴 그곳에서 왕, 왕후, 총독, 천부장 등 높은 사람들에게 자신을 변호하는 형식으로 복음을 전하였고 벨릭스 총독의 관저에서 2년간의 투옥기간을 보냈다.)

25 바울이 의와 절제와 장차 오는 심판을 강론하니 벨릭스가 두려워하여 대답하되 시방은 가라 내가 틈이 있으면 너를 부르리라 하고

26 동시에 또 바울에게서 돈을 받을까 바라는 고로 더 자주 불러 같이 이야기하더라 

24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus.

25 As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.“

26 At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.

27 이태를 지내서 보르기오 베스도가 벨릭스의 소임을 대신하니 벨릭스가 유대인의 마음을 얻고자 하여 바울을 구류하여 두니라 

27 When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.

(* 이제 벨릭스의 후임 총독 베스도가 바울의 문제를 관할하게 되었다. 그런데 벨릭스 총독은 바울이 죄가 없다는 것을 알았지만 유대인의 마음을 얻고자 바울을 구류하여 두었다고 하였다.)

행 24 장

1 Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor.

2 When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: "We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation.

3 Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude.

4 But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.

5 "We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

6 and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him.

8 By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him."

9 The Jews joined in the accusation, asserting that these things were true.

10 When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: "I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense.

11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship.

12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city.

13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me.

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

17 "After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings.

18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

19 But there are some Jews from the province of Asia, who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me.

20 Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin--

21 unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: 'It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.'"

22 Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. "When Lysias the commander comes," he said, "I will decide your case."

23 He ordered the centurion to keep Paul under guard but to give him some freedom and permit his friends to take care of his needs.

24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus.

25 As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you."

26 At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.

27 When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.

(- ing) 

hi
이전글  다음글  목록 글쓰기
츲ҺڻȰ ⵵ ȸ ѱ⵶ȸȸȸ ()ظ ѽŴѵȸ μȸڿȸ ȸ б ѽŴб ûȸȸ ŵȸ ŵȸ ȸÿ ѱ⵶ȸȸͽп