:: 한국기독교장로회총회 ::

한영성경 읽기 56 (행전23장 ) / 로마에서도 증거하여야 하리라

이동원 (서울북노회,성광교회,목사) 2022-10-04 (화) 07:38 1년전 614  

1. 로마에서도 증거하여야 하리라.

( * 사도행전 23장에서도 바울에게 주신 행9:15 절의 말씀이 계속 이루어지고 있다는 것을 알 수 있다.

(행9:15 )

주께서 가라사대 가라 이 사람은 내 이름을 이방인과 임금들과 이스라엘 자손들 앞에 전하기 위하여 택한 나의 그릇이라'

But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.' )

행23:  

1 바울이 공회를 주목하여 가로되 여러분 형제들아 오늘날까지 내가 범사에 양심을 따라 하나님을 섬겼노라 하거늘

1 Paul looked straight / at the Sanhedrin and said, /"My brothers, /I have fulfilled my duty /to God /in all good conscience /to this day."

2 대제사장 아나니아가 바울 곁에 섰는 사람들에게 그 입을 치라 명하니

2 At this /the high priest Ananias ordered those /standing near Paul /to strike him /on the mouth.

3 바울이 가로되 회칠한 담이여 하나님이 너를 치시리로다 네가 나를 율법대로 판단한다고 앉아서 율법을 어기고 나를 치라 하느냐 하니

3 Then Paul said to him, /"God will strike you,/ you whitewashed wall! /You sit there /to judge me /according to the law, /yet you yourself violate the law /by commanding /that I be struck!"

4 곁에 선 사람들이 말하되 하나님의 대제사장을 네가 욕하느냐

4 Those /who were standing /near Paul /said, /"You dare to insult /God's high priest?"

5 바울이 가로되 형제들아 나는 그가 대제사장인 줄 알지 못하였노라 기록하였으되 너의 백성의 관원을 비방치 말라 하였느니라 하더라

5 Paul replied, /"Brothers, I did not realize /that he was the high priest; / for it is written: /'Do not speak evil /about the ruler of your people.'"

6 바울이 그 한 부분은 사두개인이요 한 부분은 바리새인인 줄 알고 공회에서 외쳐 가로되 여러분 형제들아 나는 바리새인이요 또 바리새인의 아들이라 죽은 자의 소망 곧 부활을 인하여 내가 심문을 받노라

6 Then Paul, /knowing that some of them were Sadducees /and the others Pharisees, /called out in the Sanhedrin, /"My brothers,/ I am a Pharisee,/ the son of a Pharisee./ I stand on trial /because of my hope /in the resurrection of the dead."

7 그 말을 한즉 바리새인과 사두개인 사이에 다툼이 생겨 무리가 나누이니

7 When he said this, /a dispute broke out /between the Pharisees and the Sadducees,/ and the assembly was divided.

8 이는 사두개인은 부활도 없고 천사도 없고 영도 없다 하고 바리새인은 다 있다 함이라

8 (The Sadducees say /that there is no resurrection,/ and that there are neither angels /nor spirits, /but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.)

9 크게 훤화가 일어날새 바리새인 편에서 몇 서기관이 일어나 다투어 가로되 우리가 이 사람을 보매 악한 것이 없도다 혹 영이나 혹 천사가 저더러 말하였으면 어찌 하겠느뇨 하여

9 There was a great uproar, /and some of the teachers of the law /who were Pharisees/ stood up /and argued vigorously. /"We find nothing wrong /with this man," they said. /"What if a spirit / or an angel has spoken to him?"

10 큰 분쟁이 생기니 천부장이 바울이 저희에게 찢겨질까 하여 군사를 명하여 내려가 무리 가운데서 빼앗아 가지고 영문으로 들어가라 하니라

10 The dispute became so violent /that the commander was afraid /Paul would be torn to pieces /by them./ He ordered the troops /to go down /and take him away /from them /by force /and bring him / into the barracks.

11 그 날 밤에 주께서 바울 곁에 서서 이르시되 담대하라 네가 예루살렘에서 나의 일을 증거한 것같이 로마에서도 증거하여야 하리라 하시니라

11 The following night /the Lord stood near Paul /and said, "Take courage! /As you have testified about me /in Jerusalem, /so you must also testify in Rome.“

(* 바울은 로마로 가는 길이 여러 번 막혔기에 로마서를 쓰고, 즉 이방인 세계인이라고 할 수 있는 이방인들 대상으로 로마서를 쓰고 로마로 가게 되는 것이다. 하나님께서 로마에 가게 하신다는 것을 알 수 있다.)

12 날이 새매 유대인들이 당을 지어 맹세하되 바울을 죽이기 전에는 먹지도 아니하고 마시지도 아니하겠다 하고

12 The next morning /the Jews formed a conspiracy /and bound themselves /with an oath /not to eat or drink /until they had killed Paul.

13 이같이 동맹한 자가 사십여 명이더라

13 More than forty men /were involved / in this plot.

(* 이 정도이면 바울은 안전할 수 없었을 것이다. 그렇다면 로마에 가서 주님의 일 즉 복음을 전할 수 있겠는가, 어떻게 가능하겠는가, 바울을 죽이기 전에는 먹지도 아니하고 마시지도 아니하겠다는 사람이 한 두 사람도 아니고 사십여 명이나 된다면 말이다.)

(* 영어는 한국어와 달리 동사가 주어 다음에 나온다. 주어 동사 목적어 그리고 그 문장에 전치사나 접속사등을 붙어 계속해서 문장을 이어나가는 것을 알 수 있다. 위 분장에서는 with, to, not to , until 등으로 , 한국어는 동사가 문장의 마지막에 오기 때문에 끝까지 들어보아야 한다는 것이다. 나는 어제 누구를 만나 차를,, 마시려고 했으나, 마셨다, 마시지 않았다, 그가 바쁘다고 해서 마시지 않았다 등으로, 영어의 문장 배열은 마셨다, 마시지 않았다 는 동사를 먼저 쓰고 덧 붙여가는 구조이다. )

(* ,, bound themselves with an oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul.

위 밑줄의 문장을 직역하면 맹세로 자신들을 묶었다는 것이다. 맹세로 자신들의 결의를 결속 다짐 했다는 것이다.)

14 대제사장들과 장로들에게 가서 말하되 우리가 바울을 죽이기 전에는 아무것도 먹지 않기로 굳게 맹세하였으니

14 They went to the chief priests and elders /and said, /"We have taken a solemn oath /not to eat anything /until we have killed Paul.

(* 맹세만 해도 그러한데 굳게 (solemn) 맹세 했다는 것이다.

*sol·emn [sάlǝm/sɔ́l-] ɑ. 엄숙한, 중대한, 진지한, 성실한, 신성한, 종교상의,)

1. 우리는 준비하였노라

15 이제 너희는 그의 사실을 더 자세히 알아볼 양으로 공회와 함께 천부장에게 청하여 바울을 너희에게로 데리고 내려오게 하라 우리는 그가 가까이 오기 전에 죽이기로 준비하였노라 하더니

15 Now then, you and the Sanhedrin petition* the commander to bring him before you on the pretext* of wanting more accurate information about his case. We are ready to kill him before he gets here. 

( * 위 구절은 영어 번역으로 어려울 듯하다. 그러므로 단어 대 단어, 문장 대 문장으로 번역 할 것이 아니라 전체 내용을 이해하고 영어식 표현으로 번역하여야 할 것이다.

* 좀 긴 문장이 to, before, on, of, about 등의 단어들로 연결되어 있다.)

* 너희는 , 대제사장들과 장로들,

* pe·ti·tion [pitíʃən] n.청원(),탄원,진정,기원./ 위 구절에서 동사로탄원,신청,요청하다.

* pretext [príːtekst] n. 구실, 핑계.

* commander [kǝmǽndǝr,-mάːnd-] n.지휘관, 사령관, 지휘자, 명령자/ 여기서는 천부장)

(* 우리는 그가 가까이 오기 전에 죽이기로 준비하였노라,

’ We are ready to kill him before he gets here.‘ 

, 이러하니 바울은 이제 어찌 될 것인가, 하나님의 보호하심과 도우심이 없다면 어찌 될 것인가,,)

16 바울의 생질이 그들이 매복하여 있다 함을 듣고 와서 영문에 들어가 바울에게 고한지라

16 But when the son of Paul's sister heard of this plot, he went into the barracks and told Paul.

(* 영문,, barrack [bǽrǝk] n. 보통 pl.·복수취급막사, 병영)

17 바울이 한 백부장을 청하여 가로되 이 청년을 천부장에게로 인도하라 그에게 무슨 할 말이 있다 하니

17 Then Paul called one of the centurions and said, "Take this young man to the commander; he has something to tell him."

18 천부장에게로 데리고 가서 가로되 죄수 바울이 나를 불러 이 청년이 당신께 할 말이 있다 하여 데리고 가기를 청하더이다 하매

18 So he took him to the commander. The centurion said, "Paul, the prisoner, sent for me and asked me to bring this young man to you because he has something to tell you."

19 천부장이 그 손을 잡고 물러가서 종용히 묻되 내게 할 말이 무엇이냐

19 The commander took the young man by the hand, drew him aside and asked, "What is it you want to tell me?"

20 대답하되 유대인들이 공모하기를 저희들이 바울에 대하여 더 자세한 것을 묻기 위함이라 하고 내일 그를 데리고 공회로 내려오기를 당신께 청하자 하였으니

20 He said: "The Jews have agreed to ask you to bring Paul before the Sanhedrin tomorrow on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about him.

21 당신은 저희 청함을 좇지 마옵소서

저희 중에서 바울을 죽이기 전에는

먹지도 않고 마시지도 않기로 맹세한 자 사십여 명이

그를 죽이려고 숨어서 지금 다 준비하고 당신의 허락만 기다리나이다 하매

21 Don't give in to them,

because more than forty of them are waiting in ambush for him.

They have taken an oath not to eat or drink

until they have killed him.

They are ready now, waiting for your consent to their request."

( * 바울을 죽이기 위한 동맹자들도 준비하였고 바울을 보호하고 로마까지 안전하게 인도하기 위해 천부장도 준비하였다. 하나님의 뜻 만이 영영히 서리라. 40:8  

가이사랴로 호송을 위해 가는 길의 경호가 국빈 왕의 경호정도이다. )

1. 우리는 준비하였노라

< 가이사랴 로 호송을 위한 바울의 경호>

22 이에 천부장이 청년을 보내며 경계하되 이 일을 내게 고하였다고 아무에게도 이르지 말라 하고

22 The commander dismissed the young man and cautioned him, "Don't tell anyone that you have reported this to me."

23 백부장 둘을 불러 이르되

밤 제 삼 시에 (* 밤 제 삼시는 우리 시간으로 밤 9)

가이사랴까지 갈

보병 이백 명과

마병 칠십 명과

창군 이백 명을 준비하라 하고

23 Then he called two of his centurions and ordered them,

" Get ready

a detachment of two hundred soldiers,

seventy horsemen

and two hundred spearmen

to go to Caesarea at nine tonight.

(* 바울을 죽이려고 하는 사람들도 준비하고 있었고 바울을 경호하려는 천부장도 준비한 것이다. 과연 바울은 어떻게 될 것인가,)

(* 23 절 문장에서도 한국어는 준비하라가 문장의 제일 나중에 배열되는데 영어는 제일 앞에 배열되었다. 그렇다면 헬라어 원문은 어떠한가 역시 준비하라가 문장의 앞에 나온다. 다음을 보자.

* 12:31

31 During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said,

"Up!

Leave my people, you and the Israelites!

Go,

worship the LORD as you have requested.)

24 또 바울을 태워 총독 벨릭스에게로 무사히 보내기 위하여 짐승을 준비하라 명하며

24 Provide mounts for Paul so that he may be taken safely to Governor Felix."

(* 바울은 아직 예루살렘 공회에서 이스라엘 부형들에게 자신에 대해서 변호 하고 있다.) 바울은 자기 변호 변론의 형식을 통해 내용적으로는 예수 이름, 복음을 전하고 있는 것이다.)

25 또 이 아래와 같이 편지하니 일렀으되

25 He wrote a letter as follows:

26 글라우디오 루시아는 총독 벨릭스 각하에게 문안하노이다

26 Claudius Lysias, To His Excellency, Governor Felix: Greetings.

27 이 사람이 유대인들에게 잡혀 죽게 된 것을 내가 로마 사람인 줄 들어 알고 군사를 거느리고 가서 구원하여다가

27 This man was seized by the Jews and they were about to kill him, but I came with my troops and rescued him, for I had learned that he is a Roman citizen.

28 유대인들이 무슨 일로 그를 송사하는지 알고자 하여 저희 공회로 데리고 내려갔더니

28 I wanted to know why they were accusing him, so I brought him to their Sanhedrin. 

29 송사하는 것이 저희 율법 문제에 관한 것뿐이요 한 가지도 죽이거나 결박할 사건이 없음을 발견하였나이다 

29 I found that the accusation had to do with questions about their law, but there was no charge against him that deserved death or imprisonment.

30 그러나 이 사람을 해하려는 간계가 있다고 누가 내게 알게 하기로 곧 당신께로 보내며 또 송사하는 사람들도 당신 앞에서 그를 대하여 말하라 하였나이다 하였더라

30 When I was informed of a plot to be carried out against the man, I sent him to you at once. I also ordered his accusers to present to you their case against him.

31 보병이 명을 받은 대로 밤에 바울을 데리고 안디바드리에 이르러

31 So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris.

32 이튿날 마병으로 바울을 호송하게 하고 영문*으로 돌아가니라

32 The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks.

(* bar·rack¹ [bǽrǝk] n. (보통 pl. barracks) (·복수취급) 막사, 병영, 주둔병의 숙사.)

33 저희가 가이사랴에 들어가서 편지를 총독에게 드리고 바울을 그 앞에 세우니

33 When the cavalry arrived in Caesarea, they delivered the letter to the governor and handed Paul over to him.

34 총독이 읽고 바울더러 어느 영지 사람이냐 물어 길리기아 사람인 줄 알고

34 The governor read the letter and asked what province he was from. Learning that he was from Cilicia,

35 가로되 너를 송사하는 사람들이 오거든 네 말을 들으리라 하고 헤롯 궁에 그를 지키라 명하니라

35 he said, "I will hear your case when your accusers get here." Then he ordered that Paul be kept under guard in Herod's palace.

(* Learning that he was from Cilicia / 분사  Learning 이 'to+ 동사' 의 부정사와 같이 그 이후의 문장을 연결하고 있다.)

< 성광교회 이동원 목사 드림>

(* 바울의 로마 행 지도 그림 인용 / 행23:-28:) 

바울의 로마행에 대한 이미지 결과

막 23장

1 Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

2 At this the high priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth.

3 Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! You sit there to judge me according to the law, yet you yourself violate the law by commanding that I be struck!"

4 Those who were standing near Paul said, "You dare to insult God's high priest?"

5 Paul replied, "Brothers, I did not realize that he was the high priest; for it is written: 'Do not speak evil about the ruler of your people.'"

6 Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, "My brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee. I stand on trial because of my hope in the resurrection of the dead."

7 When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided.

8 (The Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, and that there are neither angels nor spirits, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.)

9 There was a great uproar, and some of the teachers of the law who were Pharisees stood up and argued vigorously. "We find nothing wrong with this man," they said. "What if a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?"

10 The dispute became so violent that the commander was afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them. He ordered the troops to go down and take him away from them by force and bring him into the barracks.

11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome."

12 The next morning the Jews formed a conspiracy and bound themselves with an oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul.

13 More than forty men were involved in this plot.

14 They went to the chief priests and elders and said, "We have taken a solemn oath not to eat anything until we have killed Paul.

15 Now then, you and the Sanhedrin petition the commander to bring him before you on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about his case. We are ready to kill him before he gets here."

16 But when the son of Paul's sister heard of this plot, he went into the barracks and told Paul.

17 Then Paul called one of the centurions and said, "Take this young man to the commander; he has something to tell him."

18 So he took him to the commander. The centurion said, "Paul, the prisoner, sent for me and asked me to bring this young man to you because he has something to tell you."

19 The commander took the young man by the hand, drew him aside and asked, "What is it you want to tell me?"

20 He said: "The Jews have agreed to ask you to bring Paul before the Sanhedrin tomorrow on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about him.

21 Don't give in to them, because more than forty of them are waiting in ambush for him. They have taken an oath not to eat or drink until they have killed him. They are ready now, waiting for your consent to their request."

22 The commander dismissed the young man and cautioned him, "Don't tell anyone that you have reported this to me."

23 Then he called two of his centurions and ordered them, "Get ready a detachment of two hundred soldiers, seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen to go to Caesarea at nine tonight.

24 Provide mounts for Paul so that he may be taken safely to Governor Felix."

25 He wrote a letter as follows:

26 Claudius Lysias, To His Excellency, Governor Felix: Greetings.

27 This man was seized by the Jews and they were about to kill him, but I came with my troops and rescued him, for I had learned that he is a Roman citizen.

28 I wanted to know why they were accusing him, so I brought him to their Sanhedrin.

29 I found that the accusation had to do with questions about their law, but there was no charge against him that deserved death or imprisonment.

30 When I was informed of a plot to be carried out against the man, I sent him to you at once. I also ordered his accusers to present to you their case against him.

31 So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris.

32 The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks.

33 When the cavalry arrived in Caesarea, they delivered the letter to the governor and handed Paul over to him.

34 The governor read the letter and asked what province he was from. Learning that he was from Cilicia,

35 he said, "I will hear your case when your accusers get here." Then he ordered that Paul be kept under guard in Herod's palace.

< * 다음의 로마행 지도 그림을 보며 행 27:-28 장과 함께 묵상하여 보자.)

지도 그림의 그레데(크레타) 에서 몰타(멜리데) 까지를 상상하여 그린 것이다. 지도를 보면 그레데에서 멜리데까지 거리를 대략 알 수 있다. 직선거리 팔, 구백 키로미터가 까지 될 듯 하다. 그렇다면 배의 항로 거리가 천 킬로 내외가 될 듯하다. 그런데 14일 동안 해와 별이 안 보일정도의 광풍이었다면 직선으로가 아니라 좌우 동서남북을 돌고 돌며 갈 수도 있었을 것이다. 암초 등등 살 가능성이 전무한 그 큰 바다에서 한 사람도 머리카락하나 상하지 않고 로마에 가까운 멜리데까지 도착할 수 있었다는 것이다. 사람의 생각으로는 그것은 불가능 할 일이라 할 것이다,,, 행27: 28장을 묵상 연구해 보자.>

브리스길라와 아굴라 부부의 헌신 : 네이버 블로그

(* 예루살렘에서 , 가이사랴 항구에서 그레데까지 , 그리고 그레데에서 멜리데(몰타) 까지 항해 거리를 생각해 보자. 그리고 멜리데에서 로마에 도착하기까지를 묵상해 보자. 교인으로서 나를 위한 나를 향한 하나님의 역사 History, Works 인 것이다.)

(- ing) 

hi
이전글  다음글  목록 글쓰기
츲ҺڻȰ ⵵ ȸ ѱ⵶ȸȸȸ ()ظ ѽŴѵȸ μȸڿȸ ȸ б ѽŴб ûȸȸ ŵȸ ŵȸ ȸÿ ѱ⵶ȸȸͽп