:: 한국기독교장로회총회 ::

한영성경126 (막6:14-29 ) / 세례 요한의 역할

이동원 (서울북노회,성광교회,목사) 2023-01-09 (월) 07:32 1년전 394  

1. 세례 요한의 역할

막6장

14 이에 예수의 이름이 드러난지라 헤롯 왕이 듣고 가로되 이는 세례 요한이 죽은 자 가운데서 살아났도다 그러므로 이런 능력이 그 속에서 운동하느니라 하고

14 King Herod heard about this,/ for Jesus' name had become well known./ Some were saying, / "John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, / and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.“

(* heard about ~ 에 관해서 자세히 듣다. / become well known 잘 알려지다 . 유명해 지다. / be at work 일하고 있다.)

15 어떤이는 이가 엘리야라 하고 또 어떤 이는 이가 선지자니 옛 선지자 중의 하나와 같다 하되

16 헤롯은 듣고 가로되 내가 목 베인 요한 그가 살아났다 하더라

15 Others said, "He is Elijah." / And still others claimed, "He is a prophet,/ like one of the prophets of long ago.“

16 But when Herod heard this, he said, /"John, the man I beheaded, has been raised from the dead!“

17 전에 헤롯이 자기가 동생 빌립의 아내 헤로디아에게 장가든 고로 이 여자를 위하여 사람을 보내어 요한을 잡아 옥에 가두었으니

17 For Herod himself had given orders / to have John arrested,/ and he had him bound and put in prison./ He did this because of Herodias, / his brother Philip's wife,/ whom he had married.

(* Herod himself had given orders / to have John arrested, // have ~~ 하게 하다 라는 뜻의 사역동사로 쓰였다. 목적어와 목적보어의 관계가 능동일 경우에는 have + 목적어+ 동사원형,, 수동일 경우 have + 목적어 + 과거분사. )

18 이는 요한이 헤롯에게 말하되 동생의 아내를 취한 것이 옳지 않다 하였음이라

18 For John had been saying to Herod,/ "It is not lawful for you to have / your brother's wife.“

(* "It is not lawful for you to have / your brother's wife.“ / It ,, for ~ to 구문으로 ~ to 이하의 주어부가 너무 길 경우 형식주어 It 쓰고 to 부정사 이후의 문장은 뒷부분으로 갔고 to 부정사의 의미상 주어는 바로 앞의 for + 목적격 즉 for you 이다. it 형식주어, for you 의미상 주어, to have 진주어 )

19 헤로디아가 요한을 원수로 여겨 죽이고자 하였으되 하지 못한 것은

19 So Herodias nursed a grudge against John / and wanted to kill him./ But she was not able to,

20 헤롯이 요한을 의롭고 거룩한 사람으로 알고 두려워하여 보호하며 또 그의 말을 들을 때에 크게 번민을 느끼면서도 달게 들음이러라

20 because Herod feared John / and protected him, / knowing him to be a righteous and holy man./ When Herod heard John,/ he was greatly puzzled; / yet he liked to listen to him.

21 마침 기회 좋은 날이 왔으니 곧 헤롯이 자기 생일에 대신들과 천부장들과 갈릴리의 귀인들로 더불어 잔치할새

21 Finally the opportune time came. / On his birthday / Herod gave a banquet / for his high officials and military commanders / and the leading men of Galilee.

22 헤로디아의 딸이 친히 들어와 춤을 추어 헤롯과 및 함께 앉은 자들을 기쁘게 한지라 왕이 그 여아에게 이르되 무엇이든지 너 원하는 것을 내게 구하라 내가 주리라 하고

22 When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced,/ she pleased Herod and his dinner guests. / The king said to the girl, / "Ask me for anything you want, / and I'll give it to you.“

23 또 맹세하되 무엇이든지 네가 내게 구하면 내 나라의 절반까지라도 주리라 하거늘

23 And he promised her with an oath,/ "Whatever you ask I will give you,/ up to half my kingdom.“

24 저가 나가서 그 어미에게 말하되 내가 무엇을 구하리이까 그 어미가 가로되 세례 요한의 머리를 구하라 하니

24 She went out and said to her mother,/ "What shall I ask for?" / "The head of John the Baptist," she answered.

25 저가 곧 왕에게 급히 들어가 구하여 가로되 세례 요한의 머리를 소반에 담아 곧 내게 주기를 원하옵나이다 한대

25 At once the girl hurried in to the king/ with the request: / "I want you to give me right now / the head of John the Baptist / on a platter.“

(* I want you to give me right now / you 는 목적어, to give 는 목적보어 ,, to + 동사 에 딸린 식구들을 보자. to + 동사에 이어 긴 문장으로 이어지고 있다to give me right now / the head of John the Baptist / on a platter. )

26 왕이 심히 근심하나 자기의 맹세한 것과 그 앉은 자들을 인하여 저를 거절할 수 없는지라

26 The king was greatly distressed,/ but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, / he did not want to refuse her.

27 왕이 곧 시위병 하나를 보내어 요한의 머리를 가져오라 명하니 그 사람이 나가 옥에서 요한을 목 베어

28 그 머리를 소반에 담아다가 여아에게 주니 여아가 이것을 그 어미에게 주니라

29 요한의 제자들이 듣고 와서 시체를 가져다가 장사하니라

27 So he immediately sent an executioner / with orders to bring John's head. / The man went, beheaded John in the prison,

28 and brought back his head on a platter./ He presented it to the girl, / and she gave it to her mother.

29 On hearing of this, John's disciples came / and took his body and laid it in a tomb.

(*lay it in a tomb: 장사지내다.)

=. 세례 요한에 관하여 

1. 사 40: 3 절에 예언된 주의 길을 예비하는 사람은 왔는가, 그렇다면 누구인가,

그 메시야 오시기 전에 사40:3 절에 예언된 그 사람이 와야 한다. 그 사람이 와서 주의 길을 예비하지 않는다면 그 메시야가 아직 오실 수 없다 할 것이다. 그렇다면 사40:3 절에 예언된 주의 길을 예비하는 사람은 왔는가, 그렇다면 그 사람은 누구인가,

다시, 사40:3 절에 예언된 그 사람이 오지 않았다면 메시야가 오실 수 없다는 것이다. 그 주의 길을 예비한 사람이 세례 요한이다. 그렇다면 세례 요한에 대해서도 묵상하며 연구해 볼 이유가 있는 것이다. 메시야 오심의 예언의 성취의 필수적 과정이기 때문이다.

( 사40:3)

막1:2

예수님의 복음 즉 예수님의 말씀과 행적을 전하는 마가복음 복음서의 1:2 절에 세례 요한이 등장하였다는 것이다. 그 정도로 세례 요한의 역할이 중요하였던 것이다. 세례 요한에 대하여 연구해 보자.

1. 다음은 세례 요한에 대한 기록이다.

누가복음에는 세례요한의 출생에 대하여 상당히 자세하게 기록하고 있다. 세례 요한의 역할이 그만큼 중요하기 때문일 것이다. 세례 요한의 기적적 출생을 보고 이 아이가구약에 약속한 그 메시야가 아닌가 할 정도이었다. 다음의 장면을 보면 메시야 출생의 기록인가 착각할 정도이다.

눅1:5-25

눅1:66 

66 듣는 사람이 다 이 말을 마음에 두며 가로되 이 아이가 장차 어찌 될꼬 하니 이는 주의 손이 저와 함께 하심이러라

1. 다음은 세례 요한의 부친 제사장의 아기 세례 요한에 대한 예언인데 어떻게 보면 메시야에 대한 예언인가 생각할 정도인데 메시야의 오시는 길을 예비하는 역할을 한다는 것이다.

눅1:76-80

76 이 아이여 네가 지극히 높으신 이의 선지자라 일컬음을 받고 주 앞에 앞서 가서 그 길을 예비하여

77 주의 백성에게 그 죄 사함으로 말미암는 구원을 알게 하리니

78 이는 우리 하나님의 긍휼을 인함이라 이로써 돋는 해가 위로부터 우리에게 임하여

79 어두움과 죽음의 그늘에 앉은 자에게 비취고 우리 발을 평강의 길로 인도하시리로다 하니라

80 아이가 자라며 심령이 강하여지며 이스라엘에게 나타나는 날까지 빈 들에 있으니라

1. 세례 요한은 제사장 사가랴와 그의 아내 엘리사벳에게 기적적으로 출생하였다. 그 장면이 놀랍다.

그러하니 이 아이가 구약에 약속된 그 메시야가 아닐까 할 정도이었을 것이다.

눅1:5-25, 57-80

1. 세례 요한에 대한 예언을 다시 묵상해 보자.

사40:3 

1. 유대인들이 세례 요한에게 당신은 누구냐고 물었을 때 세례 요한의 대답

요1:19-23 

요1:29, 36

1. 예수님께서 사40:3 절에 예언된 주의 길을 예비하는 자가 세례 요한이라고 하심

마11:10

1. 그 메시야 그리스도 예수님의 복음의 기록인 마가복음의 1:2 절 부터 세례 요한의 기록이 나온다. 

복음서의 시작 부분인 바로 1:2 절에서 말이다.

막1:2-4

1. 세례 요한 그가 전한 메시지 

막1:7-8 

1:19-23, 29-36

1.  모든 사람으로 자기를 인하여 믿게 하려

(요1:6-7)

하나님께로서 보내심을 받은 사람이 났으니 이름은 요한이라

저가 증거하러 왔으니 곧 빛에 대하여 증거하고 모든 사람으로 자기를 인하여 믿게 하려 함이라

6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.

7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.

(* 모든 사람으로 자기를 인하여 믿게 하려 함이라, so that through him all men might believe.

'모든 사람이 세례 요한을 통하여 믿게 하려 함이라' 는 그 당시 뿐 아니라 오고 오는 모든 사람들이 세례 요한의 증언을 통해서 예수님을 그 메시야 하나님의 아들이심을 믿게 하는 것임을 알아야 할 것이다. 

그렇게하려면 그것을 전하는 사람은 가장 신뢰받는 사람이어야 할 것이다. 세례요한의 가문과 출생을 보면 너무나 놀랍고 기적적이다. 눅1: . 또한 예수님은 여자가 낳은 자 중에 세례 요한 보다 큰 이가 일어남이 없다고 하셨다는 것이다. 마11:10-11. 

다시, 세례 요한은 구약에 약속된 주의 길을 예비하는 자로서 그 시대 뿐 아니라 오고 오는 시대의 모든 사람들에게 예수님을 그 메시야 하나님의 아들이심을 믿게 하는 것이었다는 것을 알 수 있다.

사람들이 어떻게 예수님이 그 메시야 그 그리스도 이시고 하나님의 아들이신 것을 알 수 있을까요 라고 물을 때에 세례 요한이 증언하였기 때문에 라고 할 수도 있을 것이다. 다른 많은 증거의 표적과 증언이 있기 때문이기도 하지만 말이다. 사도 요한은 예수님의 제자가 되기 이전에는 세례 요한의 제자이기도 하였다는 것이다.)

< 성광교회 이동원 목사 드림>

막 6장

1 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples.
2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles!
3 Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.
4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor."
5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
6 And he was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.
7 Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.
8 These were his instructions: "Take nothing for the journey except a staff--no bread, no bag, no money in your belts.
9 Wear sandals but not an extra tunic.
10 Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town.
11 And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."
12 They went out and preached that people should repent.
13 They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
14 King Herod heard about this, for Jesus' name had become well known. Some were saying, "John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him."
15 Others said, "He is Elijah." And still others claimed, "He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of long ago."
16 But when Herod heard this, he said, "John, the man I beheaded, has been raised from the dead!"
17 For Herod himself had given orders to have John arrested, and he had him bound and put in prison. He did this because of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife, whom he had married.
18 For John had been saying to Herod, "It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife."
19 So Herodias nursed a grudge against John and wanted to kill him. But she was not able to,
20 because Herod feared John and protected him, knowing him to be a righteous and holy man. When Herod heard John, he was greatly puzzled; yet he liked to listen to him.
21 Finally the opportune time came. On his birthday Herod gave a banquet for his high officials and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee.
22 When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests. The king said to the girl, "Ask me for anything you want, and I'll give it to you."
23 And he promised her with an oath, "Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom."
24 She went out and said to her mother, "What shall I ask for?" "The head of John the Baptist," she answered.
25 At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request: "I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter."
26 The king was greatly distressed, but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he did not want to refuse her.
27 So he immediately sent an executioner with orders to bring John's head. The man went, beheaded John in the prison,
28 and brought back his head on a platter. He presented it to the girl, and she gave it to her mother.
29 On hearing of this, John's disciples came and took his body and laid it in a tomb.
30 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.
31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.
33 But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them.
34 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
35 By this time it was late in the day, so his disciples came to him. "This is a remote place," they said, "and it's already very late.
36 Send the people away so they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat."
37 But he answered, "You give them something to eat." They said to him, "That would take eight months of a man's wages! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?"
38 "How many loaves do you have?" he asked. "Go and see." When they found out, they said, "Five--and two fish."
39 Then Jesus directed them to have all the people sit down in groups on the green grass.
40 So they sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties.
41 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to set before the people. He also divided the two fish among them all.
42 They all ate and were satisfied,
43 and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish.
44 The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand.
45 Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd.
46 After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray.
47 When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land.
48 He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them,
49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out,
50 because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
51 Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed,
52 for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened.
53 When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret and anchored there.
54 As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus.
55 They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was.
56 And wherever he went--into villages, towns or countryside--they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.

(- ing)

hi
이전글  다음글  목록 글쓰기
츲ҺڻȰ ⵵ ȸ ѱ⵶ȸȸȸ ()ظ ѽŴѵȸ μȸڿȸ ȸ б ѽŴб ûȸȸ ŵȸ ŵȸ ȸÿ ѱ⵶ȸȸͽп